OLD STYLE PILSNER SNOWMOBILE CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be: (i) of legal drinking age in your province of residence; and (ii) a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Randomly assigned pin numbers (each a, “PIN”) will be inside specially marked cases of Old Style Pilsner (see “Participating Products”, as defined below), while supplies last. One (1) PIN number will be assigned to each participating case of Old Style Pilsner. Old Style Pilsner Participating Products include the following specially-marked cases: (i) 15x355 mL can packs distributed in British Columbia (“BC”), Alberta (“AB”) and Manitoba (“MB”); (ii) 12x355 mL can packs distributed in Quebec (“QC”); (iii) 18x355 mL can packs distributed in Saskatchewan (“SK”); (iv) 30x355 mL can packs distributed in Ontario (“ON”); and to those requesting PINs without product purchase (no purchase necessary) by mail see Rule 3 below.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain PINs without product purchase while supplies last, mail an original, handwritten essay (75 words minimum) on the topic of “Tell us how you would like to explore Pil Country” (the “Essay”) along with your name, age, and email address and mail it to: Old Style Pilsner Snowmobile Contest c/o Molson Coors Canada Customer Service Dept. 33 Carlingview Dr., Toronto, ON, M9W 5E4. Upon receipt of the Essay, you will receive one (1) PIN number that will be sent directly to the email address provided by the Essay writer. Requests must be received by no later than February 24th, 2023 for timely processing and return, and an entrant will have until February 28th, 2023 at 11:59 pm (ET) to enter and submit their PIN. Sponsor will not be held responsible, if email address is not provided, is incorrect or invalid at time of Essay submission and PIN request. Each request must be submitted by the entrant him/herself by mail in an envelope with sufficient postage. Only original, legible Essays will be accepted; no duplicates or mechanical reproductions. Limit: one (1) PIN per Essay request per outer stamped envelope.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins on or around January 2nd, 2023 and all entries must be submitted and received by 12:00 pm (ET) on February 28th,2023 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). To enter, once an entrant has obtained a PIN visit www.pilcountry.com/promo or www.paysdelapil.com/promo (the “Contest Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online PIN entry form in full and submit the entry. All fields on the entry form must be completed unless they are otherwise indicated as optional. Limit: one (1) entry per person/email address per day. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late PIN entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) email address to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of PIN entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her PIN entries voided. Your PIN entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All PIN entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There are three (3) prizes (each a, “Prize”) available to be won. Each Prize consists of one (1) Polaris snowmobile (make and model to determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). The approximate value of each Prize is $10,000.00 CAD.
Winner shall be solely responsible for any and all costs not expressly described herein, including but without limitation, title, insurance, registering (if applicable) or as well as any taxes or other expenses that may be applicable. Winner shall be responsible for any, and all costs associated with picking up the Prize from the participating local dealership, as selected by Sponsor within 8 to 10 weeks of being declared a winner. If a Prize is not picked up within the specified time, the applicable Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant. Prize item images used in promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only and may not be exactly shown.
Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner. Limit: one (1) Prize per household.
- DRAWINGS: At 12:00 pm (ET) on March 3rd, 2023 at 33 Carlingview Dr. Toronto, ON, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor or its designated agents will attempt to notify the selected entrant by email using the information provided at the time of entry. Before being declared a winner of the Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at time of entry. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification for the applicable Prize; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability form for the selected entrant within the time period indicated on such form; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of any Prize, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time-period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of PIN entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, PIN entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email to be received by or from Sponsor and/or PIN entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- ERRORS, ETC.: Any PINs, packaging or other materials used in this Contest that have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, forged, reproduced, not legitimately obtained, are illegible, broken or otherwise damaged or which contain or reflect printing, production or other errors will be void.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving . By accepting the Prize, the winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice except to the BC Liquor Distribution Branch, and the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Any such action will be subject, in B.C., to the approval of the B.C. Liquor Distribution Branch and in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late PIN entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All PIN entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regards to any matter relating to this Contest.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.