Plan your Perfect Ski Day
Follow our 5 steps to hitting the hills for the perfect day.
Whether you’re spending your winter in Whistler or on your local hill skiing & snowboarding is a part of all Canadian’s chilly traditions. When planned right, a day on the mountain can be just as good as a warm day on the beach (ok, maybe not actually). Here are five tips to help you plan your perfect ski day:
1. Eat Breakfast: There’s a reason they call it the most important meal of the day! A good breakfast is essential to give you the energy to tackle the slopes and make the most of your day. Whether you’re hitting the bunny hills or shredding the terrain park you’ll want to make sure you fuel up before hitting the mountain.
2. Get to The Slopes Early: The early bird catches the worm, and the same goes for skiing. Revel in being able to say you were there for first chair - beat the crowds and enjoy the fresh powder before it gets tracked out!
3. Only Bring Essentials: Less is definitely more when you’re on top of a mountain. Only pack what you absolutely need and make sure those pockets are zipped up tight in case you catch some chowder.
4. Plan Your Runs: Don’t waste time thinking about where you need to go (or have to pull your phone out 100ft up on the lift). Maximize your time on the mountain by planning your runs ahead of time - especially knowing some lifts close early.
5. Enjoy an Après Ski: After a day on the slopes, there’s nothing better than relaxing with a cold beer and good company. Whether it’s at the local village tavern, or at a fire pit outside, make sure to take some time to unwind and enjoy the après ski scene. Pro Tip: Coors was made in the mountains, so we know a thing or two about this!