Two Quick Recipes for Your Mid-Week Dinners
Get dinner done in an hour or less with two meals for the whole family.
Tired of cooking for hours after a long day, only to eat all your yummy food in less than an hour? Make the most of your weekly cooking sessions with these filling family meals you can create in 60 minutes or less — whether that means putting your chef’s hat on for a late-night snack after work or whipping up a quick stovetop meal and calling it a day.
Quarter to Five’s Signature Stovetop Mac & Cheese
This recipe has all you need for a cheesy, hearty fall meal, ready in just 20 minutes. Add some optional toasted panko crumbs for a bit of crunch on top of your mac. Just grab your ingredients and spices, pop them on a stovetop in your preferred pot, serve and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 lb. of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat and stir in flour, cooking for 1 minute. Pour in water and whisk until smooth, then pour in milk and whisk until combined.
- Add uncooked elbow macaroni, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat. Cook pasta with package timing until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from your burner and stir in cheddar, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Serve while hot!
That’s all you need to make the quickest, heartiest Quarter to Five mac and cheese the whole family will love.
Quarter to Five’s Soy Honey Chicken Thighs with Sesame Broccoli
Next, we’re moving on to a nutritious, protein-packed meal that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner — our healthy Quarter to Five soy honey chicken thighs with sesame broccoli. Equal parts sweet and savoury, this zesty recipe can be recreated in less than an hour — serve up and enjoy!
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use your preferred brand)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sesame oil or your favourite cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Rice (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, 1 tbsp of oil and half of your garlic and ginger paste. Pour mixture over chicken thighs to marinate. (No need to marinate for long — your chicken will have a delicious glaze, regardless of how long you marinate!)
- Pop your glazed chicken into a roasting pan with skin facing up. Cook for 45 minutes until crispy.
- 30 minutes into cooking your chicken, cook your optional rice by following package instructions.
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and ginger paste, sizzling for 1 minute before adding broccoli florets in. Add a splash of water and cover for 10 minutes until tender.
- Take your lid off, garnish broccoli with sesame seeds and give everything a nice toss.
- Serve and enjoy!
Your midweek meals just got better! Either of these delicious, quick recipes pair phenomenally with your favourite beer, whether that’s your favourite Coors or a refreshing Molson. Use these family-style recipes to quickly feed your family after a long day, giving you more time to enjoy a relaxing weeknight in.